People Get Ready
-
Almost as impressive as the polls which show (in numbers and in answers to
questions) that the electorate no longer buys the Chaotic bullshit, and the ...
On Having Turned 80
-
It seemed odd, even to me, that after posts (or, let's face it, essays) on
major and not so major birthdays for the past 20 years, I let turning 80 go ...
Semis
-
The Indiana Fever and the Golden State Valkyries took their first round
WNBA playoff series to three games. The Fever lost but the Valkyries won,
and g...
Star Trek 60: The 90 Year Journey
-
I haven't been very motivated to celebrate or respond to Star Trek's 60th
anniversary. I fear for its future, and am dissatisfied with its present.
...
Jonathan Miller
-
Of all the people I didn't know who died in 2019, I was most saddened by
the death of Jonathan Miller. He was an important presence at various
times in ...
Turning 72: I Dwell in Possibility
-
This blog hasn't been active in awhile, but I did post on significant
birthdays here: turning 60 and turning 65. Now I've gone past the 60s. So
although ...
Early Warning
-
Jeff Masters at Weather Underground unearthed this brief video excerpt from
a Bell Laboratory Science series episode in 1958, that includes a mention
of ...
R.I.P. Ada Louise
-
I never met Ada Louise Huxtable, though for a brief period we were both
writing for the New York Times. She even quoted me in one of her books, and
I certa...
No comments:
Post a Comment