The Artificial Economy
-
The corporate build-up to fuel artificial intelligence is immense,
especially in proportion to the rest of the American economy and in terms
of histor...
Playoffs
-
The WNBA playoffs have begun and both teams I follow are in it. In many
ways they are very different teams. The Indiana Fever have big stars and
per...
Star Trek 60: The 90 Year Journey
-
I haven't been very motivated to celebrate or respond to Star Trek's 60th
anniversary. I fear for its future, and am dissatisfied with its present.
...
Turning 72: I Dwell in Possibility
-
This blog hasn't been active in awhile, but I did post on significant
birthdays here: turning 60 and turning 65. Now I've gone past the 60s. So
although ...
Early Warning
-
Jeff Masters at Weather Underground unearthed this brief video excerpt from
a Bell Laboratory Science series episode in 1958, that includes a mention
of ...
R.I.P. Ada Louise
-
I never met Ada Louise Huxtable, though for a brief period we were both
writing for the New York Times. She even quoted me in one of her books, and
I certa...
No comments:
Post a Comment